When it comes to choosing the right door for each room in your home, there are a few things you need to consider.
First, consider the purpose of the door and the room the door will go onto. Is it an entranceway or a bedroom? Do you need privacy? Are you looking for a dramatic entrance?
Then it’s time to think about your security and privacy needs, particularly when it comes to front doors and bathroom doors. Secure front doors are key to keeping your home and family private, while for bathrooms, you want a quality door that won’t warp or peel when exposed to steam and heat.
Finally, it’s time to choose the style of the aluminiu door that best suits your needs, the aesthetics of home, and budget.
For entrance doors, there are two main materials – aluminium and timber. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages so it’s important to choose the right one for your home.
The Right Doors for Each Room
Choosing the right door for each room in your home can take a lot of planning, but once you have decided whether you want to install aluminium doors or timber doors or a mixture of both, your decision is a little easier.
When planning, it is best to plan each room separately – you may wish to use French doors for your living room, allowing you to close and open the room as suits, or aluminium bi-fold doors to open up your living area to your outdoor entertaining area.
When it comes to timber doors, barn doors are becoming popular as a focal point in the house, while stylish internal timber doors are still the go-to for many home builders and renovators.
Front Entrance Doors
Front entrance doors are an important part of your home, and choosing the right one can make a big difference in the overall look and feel of your home. There are a lot of things to consider when shopping for a front door, including size, style, and price.
Here are some tips on how to choose the right front door for your home:
- Consider the size of your opening. Most front doors are available in different sizes, so make sure to select the one that will fit your opening perfectly.
- Look for style options. There are a variety of styles available on doors, from traditional to contemporary. Select the style that best suits your personality and home décor.
- Consider price considerations. Front doors range in price from affordable to high-end, so find the one that fits your budget and needs.
Aluminium doors are an excellent option for front entry doors, as they stand up to the weather, and look great. These do tend to be glass doors, however, so you do need to think about whether that suits your home style. If you have a home office with a separate entry, aluminium doors can give you the perfect professional look.
External timber doors come in a range of styles, with options for plain timber or a glass and timber mix. These doors are suitable for a range of homes and aesthetics.
For back entry doors, French doors are great for large openings because they let in a lot of light and air, and can be opened right up to bring the outside in. For those cooler days, you’ll still get the benefit of light and the environment. Sliding doors are another great option for back entry doors – they are great for convenience, and offer a lot of security. However they can get dirty easily, so it’s best to keep in mind how much time you have to keep them clean.
When shopping for bedroom doors, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, you’ll want to ensure the door is sized correctly for your space. Second, look for a door that has a stylish and functional design. Finally, be sure to choose a door that is made from quality materials.
Here are some tips on how to choose the perfect bedroom door:
- Size It Up- Make sure the size of the door matches the size of your bedroom. A small bedroom might require a small bedroom door, while a large bedroom might need a large bedroom door.
- Look for Style and Functionality- Bedroom doors can come with both style and functionality features like different-shaped handles or additional hinges that make them easier to open or close. You might also want to consider features like glass panels or sliding doors that let you see inside your room without having to open the entire door all the way.
- Consider Quality Materials- When it comes to selecting a bedroom door, it’s important to choose one made from quality materials like wood or aluminium. Doors made from cheap materials may not last as long or look as good as more expensive options.
Living Room Doors
The living room is an area that is open for everyone to see, so having a stylish door is important.
When it comes to your living room, you want to make sure that the door is perfect for keeping your space closed off from the rest of the house, to contain noise and retain heat, but also able to be opened up to the rest of the house to allow good flow.
Keep these tips in mind when choosing a door:
- Choose a door with a nice design. If you have a traditional-style home, look for a door with intricate carvings or details. If you have a more modern home, go for something sleek and modern.
- Think about what type of material you want. Internal aluminium bifold doors are a great option for opening and closing your living room up. They also make an excellent choice for retro-fitted living room doors when renovating.
- Consider how big your living room is and what style of furniture you want to use in it. If you have a small living room, you might want an aluminium bifold door to help open up the room and let more light in. Similarly, if you have a large living room, these bifold doors will suit you a little better. If you use one living room for a child’s playroom, you might consider a timber door so that you can shut the room off from being viewed by visitors.
- Choosing the right doors for your house is important, particularly if you are going for a set look or style.
If you need help choosing doors, external or internal, get in touch with us. Our friendly team is ready to help you get the right look for your home.